I like to to think of myself as Thrifty, though my grandmother is definitely the Thrifty Queen. She cut coupons before it was fashionable and made do without a washer and dryer for 30 years, etc. But I am finding a lot of value in the lessons she taught me without words and realizing it doesn’t take much to make things beautiful.
Enter the pickle and pasta jars..
I saved these each time we had salsa or finished a jar of pickle spears though I had really no idea what to use them for..but I wanted to make them beautiful.
- A clean glass jar with a sturdy lid. I soaked my jars to get the labels off and ran them through the dishwasher a few times. I have also seen this trick on Pinterest for removing writing yet I have yet to try it..
- Spray Paint
- Pretty Knobs. Hobby Lobby has a lot for reasonable price and sometimes Anthropologie has a sale…(I swear all I can afford is their knobs and latte bowls..Ha!)
- A drill.
- Spray paint your jar lids and allow them to dry
2. Drill a hole in the center of the lids. I didn’t measure, just eyeballed it.
3. Screw in your knobs. We also sawed off the bottom of the screw with a dremel. Made it prettier but not necessary if you do not have a dremel.
4. Fill. I plan to fill mine with cotton balls and Q-Tips for my bathroom. Next round I am thinking a candy jar at work..the possibilities are endless.
Partying at: Romance on a Dime