I saw this on a blog some time ago and to be honest I just looked at the picture. I found this green plate at Dollar Tree a while back and actually picked it up for a Vinyl project that I never got around to. My kitchen has green accents. We redid the cabinets last year. (Not a dollar store project but since we painted them ourseleves it was frugal.)I had also purchased two candlesticks for a dollar each at a different dollar tree for something or other.
For this project you need:
- 1 plate in your choice of color or design.
- 1 candlestick. Mine was glass but metal would work too
- Gorilla Glue(It cost more than $1.00, but you will have tons left over and a little goes a long way!)
Total: About $6.00, but that is because Gorilla Glue will run you around $4.00! So really like $2.25:)
- Wash and Dry your plate to remove any dust or dirt
- Turn plate upside down and apply a thing layer of glue to the top of the candlestick.
- Place the candlestick in the center of the upside down plate and leave been for a few hours to make sure the glue dries.
- Turn over and place items from around your sink on the top of the dish! No more cluttered sink and a new decor item!Having fun at: Fireflies and JellyBeans,Somewhat Simple, Tatertots and Jello, Young and Crafty, Six Sisters Stuff, I Heart Naptime, WhipperBerry