So, like many bloggers I have become an avid Pinterest user. I saw the heart string art pinned many many times and thought this might be a fun and low cost project. I am trying to do low or no cost crafts to use up some of my stockpile. Once I had my sweet baby girl, I pretty much had to condense a closet full of craft supplies into my DIY Desk and a tub in the garage.
My dear husband was like PLEASE do not buy anymore until you start using what you have. It is oh so tempting every time I step in Hobby Lobby to fill a cart, but he is right.
This craft took me only like an hour start to finish and winding the yarn was calming after a long tough work day!
- A board cut to the size of your liking (I used 12 x 12)
- A stencil (I made mine from clip art I found on the Internet.)
- Paint (I chose a silver spray paint)
- Nails (About 2 inch nails)
- A hammer and a pencil
- Yarn..(I had a whole skein of green, but you actually use very little!)
- Cut your board to the size you wish. Paint the board and allow to dry.
- Trace the design on to your board, very lightly with pencil.
- Hammer your nails into the design on the board.
- Tie a knot on the top of your design with your yarn. Start crisscrossing your yarn all along the nails, making sure the yarn is pulled tight.
- Tie off the yarn and snip any extra that remains.
- Hang using a picture hangar nailed to the board or set anywhere you desire cool art!
Partying it up at:
Organize and Decorate Everything, We are That Family, HOMA Style, Cozy Home Scenes, Chef In Training, Tip Junkie Tip Me Tuesday, Thrifty Home, Whatever goes Wednesday, Not Just a Housewife, Lil Luna, A Little Tipsy, The Sasse Life, Beyond the Picket Fence, A Crafty Soiree, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Funky Polka Dot Giraffe, Two Yellow Birds Decor, Wow me Wednesday, My Girlish Whims, Delightful Order, Handy Man Crafty Woman, Clean and Scentsible, Craft Scrappy Happy, 52 Mantels, Loving this Crazy Life, Its a Hodgepodge Life, A Shabby Nest, Sassy Sites, Claiming Our Space, Tatertots and Jello, Young and Crafty, Funky Junk Interiors, Positively Spelndid