I mentioned in my Menu Plan Monday post that I am a fan of Quick and Easy, Semi Homemade, food as I work full time, have a (almost ) 4 year old and am 33 weeks pregnant and its like 107 outside so no slaving over the stove for me!
This recipe is super simple and delicious!
Cheater Chicken Pot Pie
1 box Pillsbury Pie Crusts (I have found these are easier than pre made crusts)
1 cup cooked chicken(My favorite is to use leftovers from a Rotisserie Chicken it adds such good flavor)
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 soup can of milk
1 bag frozen mixed veggies
- Set the Pie Crusts out to get to room temperature
- In a medium size bowl pour the bag of frozen veggies, the can of Cream of Chicken Soup, the can of milk and the chicken.
- Stir together until all moistened.
- Add pepper if you would like.
- Gently pat one of the pie crusts in the bottom of a nine inch pie plate.
- Pour mixture into the crust and gently unroll top crust and pat down, tucking in the sides.
- Pierce crust with a fork a few times to vent.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes, checking for a golden brown crust.
In our oven it takes about 15 minutes but our oven runs hot and sometimes I have to cover the sides with foil while the center finishes.
Enjoy! I like to serve with cut up apples and cheddar cheese slices.
*If the thought of canned cream of chicken soup turns you off, Mel’s Kitchen Cafe has a great Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup recipe. I want to try it sometime, but not at 6pm when I am trying to get dinner on the table!
Sharing the Yumminess at: